Aesaraf warning OrderedDict

Hello,

I am trying to leverage the second part of this example (the classification part). Using the exact same model for classification, but swapping my own data in, I get the following warning (and the sampling seems much slower than in the example). All my data are numpy arrays in the example and I fail to find what is different. I also got this warning in other tests I made and I’d like to understand what is going on.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Initializing NUTS using jitter+adapt_diag...
/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/thibautkobold/GITHUB/pymc/pymc/aesaraf.py:996: UserWarning: The parameter 'updates' of aesara.function() expects an OrderedDict, got <class 'dict'>. Using a standard dictionary here results in non-deterministic behavior. You should use an OrderedDict if you are using Python 2.7 (collections.OrderedDict for older python), or use a list of (shared, update) pairs. Do not just convert your dictionary to this type before the call as the conversion will still be non-deterministic.
  aesara_function = aesara.function(```

Hi. That warning had been removed in Aesara but we haven’t yet updated PyMC’s dependency. It’s safe to ignore in the meantime. It predates Python dictionaries being ordered by default.

2 Likes