QQ plots in Arviz

Does Arviz provide an equivalent to the ppc_loo_pit_qq function in Bayesplot? Does it provide any kind of qq-plot capability for plotting observations against the posterior predictive at all?

1 Like

Per the docs, this might serve your purpose: arviz.plot_loo_pit — ArviZ dev documentation

EDIT, ah, you’re after a QQ plot in particular… I imagine this isn’t too hard to create

1 Like

Hi Jon – I’m aware of the plot_loo_pit function, but I don’t see any. I’m interested in whether Arviz has any way to draw qq-plots, or whether I have to use a function from another package or build one myself.

1 Like

I haven’t looked properly at the Arviz code before, but in my unqualified opinion it looks pretty good. Should be reasonably straightforward to create a new partner function to arviz/plots/loopitplot.py and I bet it would be well received as a contribution!

1 Like

It would definitely be well received, and it should not require many changes as it’s mostly skipping some steps in the loo-pit ECDF diff plot which is already implemented.

1 Like

I figured most of the required infra would be there :slight_smile: I should have time to breathe in a couple of weeks so will try then if no one else wants to

3 Likes