Unable to Run GP-Circular Example due to AttributeError

Hello,

I’m trying to run the Gaussian Processes example provided in the official PyMC3 documentation, specifically this one: GP-Circular

However, when running the code, I’m encountering the following error:
AttributeError: module ‘arviz’ has no attribute ‘bfmi’

I suspect there may be a version mismatch issue between PyMC3 and ArviZ, but I’m not sure which versions of the packages the example code is compatible with.

Could you please provide the specific package version information for this example, or possibly update the example if it’s no longer compatible with the current versions of PyMC3 and ArviZ?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

1 Like

Welcome!

The versions of the relevant packages used to run that notebook are listed at the very bottom of the page. Unfortunately, that particular notebook has not been updated in some time and thus reflects some rather old versions (e.g., PyMC v3 whereas we are currently on v5.7). So you can either set up an environment with those older versions (not recommended) or install the newest version of PyMC (instructions here) and then adapt the notebook code to work accordingly. If you encounter difficulty, please feel free to post what you’re seeing and someone should be able to help you out!