GSoC'22 Project

I am computer engineering major at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology I am interested in contributing for easier deployment of PyMC models. I’m familiar with general computing libraries in python(pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit learn etc), jupyter notebook , git, matplotlib etc. I’m also familiar with general regression models, I’ve worked on a handful ML/DL projects and have experience in deployment of models in scikit learn. I’d love to work on this, it would be great if you could help me get started, maybe suggest me things to work on (I have been trying to contribute to an issue for which I have opened a PR few weeks back)?
Thank you
Shashank Kirtania

2 Likes

Did you manage to finish that PR? If not, pushing it to the finish line would be a good step

No, not yet it’s still in progress you can have a look (link)

Hello everyone,
I have installed pymc after following installation instructions under Theano-Pymc installation from here: Installation Guide (Linux) · pymc-devs/pymc Wiki · GitHub
and am trying to go through some examples related to pymc from here: Analysis of An \(AR(1)\) Model in PyMC3 — PyMC3 3.11.5 documentation

The issue I am facing is as follows:---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ModuleNotFoundError Traceback (most recent call last)
Input In [20], in <cell line: 10>()
8 import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
9 import numpy as np
—> 10 import pymc3 as pm

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pymc3’

Tried using pymc instead of pymc3 but gives following error:---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AttributeError Traceback (most recent call last)
Input In [24], in <cell line: 1>()
----> 1 with pm.Model() as ar1:
2 # assumes 95% of prob mass is between -2 and 2
3 theta = pm.Normal(“theta”, 0.0, 1.0)
4 # precision of the innovation term

AttributeError: module ‘pymc’ has no attribute ‘Model’

Can anyone help me to find what am I missing?
Thanks in advance.

Hi @saksham_garg , are you sure you have correctly installed pymc3 ?
You can also try pip3 install pymc3 to install pymc3 in your machine

Hi, My PR got completed a couple of days back but I’d like to work on more issues can you suggest what can I work upon? I was initially hoping to complete tests as mentioned on #5209.
What kind of issues should I focus on to contribute with full efficiency?

Looking at the beginner friendly issues I see a lot of easy relevant issues right now: Issues · pymc-devs/pymc · GitHub

You can just pick something that has not been grabbed yet. Feel free to ask for help in the issues, if there’s something you don’t understand

1 Like

So I have drafted proposal GSoC'22 Proposal NF-PyMC - Google Docs would you be kind enough to help with writing a proper schedule for deliverables.

Reviews/edits on other sections are also welcomed.