Our team at the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Institute of Space Systems in Bremen (Germany), is currently looking for a student with recent experience in PyMC3, who is interested to join our team for a summer internship. We are currently experimenting with Bayesian models to infer aerodynamic characteristics of future launch vehicles based on experimental and simulated data. This activity is embedded in the CALLISTO project, a joint program with JAXA and CNES to develop and operate a reusable first stage demonstrator.
Your tasks would include:
- Further development and refinement of our inference models
- Test and evaluation of different modelling approaches
- Comparison of your results with traditional non-Bayesian methods
- Collaboration with other teams in the CALLISTO project
Your qualifications are:
- Enrolled bachelor or master student in a relevant field (data science, informatics, mathematics, engineering, …)
- Profound programming and software engineering skills, especially with Python and GitLab
- Good experience with Bayesian modelling in PyMC3
- Background in aerospace engineering, especially in aerodynamics / flight dynamics, would be desirable
- Ability to work with confidential data
- Good English proficiency, German would be a plus
- Six-month internship at DLR Bremen, starting from 01.02. or 01.03.2021
- Insight into a cutting-edge aerospace project
- Collaboration with an international team of experts
- Possibility to prepare a project / bachelor / master thesis
- Monthly salary
If you are interested in this position I would be happy to receive a short informal PM to share further contact details with you.
Thank you – and see you soon!