I have spent some time in the last month working on a rewrite of PyMC3’s documentation. I think it is just about ready to go, but wanted to get feedback before merging it.
I am hosting the updated docs here.
- Search results are better, search UI is cleaner
- The case study notebooks now have a beautiful gallery
- Front page has less stuff on it
My own list of TODOs includes:
- The example on the front page is pseudo code. Do you have a better short snippet of PyMC3 that will actually run and is easy to understand?
- The “quickstart” guide could also use an update
- There are a few other pieces of content (comparison with stan/edward/emcee/pyro/etc, where to open issues/request features) that might go well in an FAQ
- A link to this forum should perhaps move to the front page. It would be helpful to know if you agree with that!
- I spent about three hours trying to change the ugly anchor links for page headers to proper link icons. It wasn’t a good use of my time, and I still don’t know how.
Happy to incorporate suggestions for the next few days, or you can make a pull request against the
new-docs branch in github!