Calling all data enthusiasts, Bayesian developers, and contributors to the open-source community! Join us for the PyMC Docathon on November 17th, where we aim to revamp and revitalize the PyMC documentation.
Date: November 17, 2023
Time: 3 PM CET / 14 UTC / 6 am PT / 9 am ET
Location: Online on Discord, Join the PyMC Discord server here
PyMC is a powerful Python library for probabilistic programming, and its documentation is a vital resource for users worldwide. However, it’s time for a refresh, and we need your insight, expertise, and passion for making complex concepts accessible.
During this Docathon, we will focus on:
- Updating examples to reflect PyMC’s latest features
- Restructuring content for better navigation and readability
- Identifying and deprecating obsolete sections
- Enhancing the overall user experience with clearer, more engaging docs
Why You Should Attend:
- Network with fellow PyMC enthusiasts and contributors
- Make a tangible impact on a tool used by data science professionals and researchers
- Hone your technical writing and documentation skills
- Learn more about PyMC’s capabilities and internals
- Receive acknowledgment for your contributions in the official PyMC documentation
- Familiarize yourself with PyMC (prior experience is a plus but not required)
- Review the existing documentation and come with ideas!
How to Join:
Please RSVP the Meetup event to confirm your attendance and join our PyMC Discord Server: PyMC Dev
Whether you’re a seasoned PyMC user or just starting, your contributions are valuable. Let’s work together to create documentation that truly reflects the power and potential of PyMC!
All skill levels are welcome. This event is about learning, growing, and contributing to open source in a supportive environment.
Join us and be part of the movement to support and sustain open-source software through improved documentation. See you there!
Don’t forget to Spread the word by retweeting this post: