Data Umbrella and PyMC are organizing an open source sprint:
- it is online
- it is free
- it is beginner-friendly
Sprint website: https://pymc-data-umbrella.xyz
Date: March 30, 2023
Time: 15-18:00 UTC (10am-1pm ET)
This event is an online hands-on working session to contribute to PyMC, a Python probabilistic programming language. Knowledge of PyMC is not required, and it is beginner-friendly. There is a range of possible contributions, from adding timestamps to videos, to documentation, to running Jupyter notebooks in the latest version of PyMC, to more advanced code contributions.
This event is focused on the LATAM region. However, we welcome folks from all regions. Please indicate on the registration form if you will need a translator.
To join the event, please do the following:
Read through the WEBSITE: https://pymc-data-umbrella.xyz/en/latest/
Complete this sign-up FORM. It will take 5-10 minutes to complete. You must complete this form to receive event updates:
Monthly Open Source Contributing Sessions
We have monthly open source contributing sessions, referred to as “PyMC Study Sessions”. We plan to invite people who attend this event and begin work on a pull request. Please indicate on the registration form if you would like to join these sessions.
- Translating the event website:
Language Translations — PyMC-Data Umbrella Sprint 0.1 documentation
- Translating the registration form from English to Spanish & Portuguese (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Estimated time to complete form: 5-10 minutes
- All attendees must complete this registration form to join the open source events.
- Once you complete this sign-up form, you will be added to the working session event mailing list and receive updates.
Registration Form Deadline: rolling basis, or when we run out of space. We encourage you to sign up sooner rather than later.
We have tried to include all the relevant info on the website, schedules, prerequisites… and it also has al lot of material to prepare for the sprint. I recommend you to browse it for a bit. However, I will also share three shortcuts here:
Wondering if the sprint is for you? We have got just the page: Your sprint cheat sheet
- Already sure the sprint is for you? Register on meetup
- Want to get started contributing already? No need to wait for the sprint, here is a super detailed step by step tutorial