I’m Demetri, a PhD student in Biostatistics in Ontario, Canada. My PhD research is in Bayesian Pharmacokinetics, and so naturally the ODE project in GSoC caught my attention.
I was prompted to apply by this tweet, and I realize time is a little limited. I’m reaching out to the community to hopefully gain some insight into the following:
- What are the goals for this project? What is the minimal functionality envisioned from completing this project? What are nice to haves? This will help me develop the proposal.
- My development is not as good as my stats and math, which is why I’m applying. What are some sources of advice for developing for PyMC3? I’ve already merged 3 small PRs (including a piece of documentation here).
- I realize I’m cutting it a little close. Is it still worth it to submit a proposal?
Any insight is appreciated.
A little about me:
- B.Sc and M.MATH were in applied math, so I am very comfortable with ODEs and their numerical solutions.
- Bayesian mostly through Stan because it has ODE capabilities. Would love to help bring PyMC3 into this realm.
- Website here: https://dpananos.github.io/
- Github: https://github.com/dpananos
- I think the feather in GitHub cap is GyMBo: Gym Monitoring Bot. Though not Bayesian, it is where I (slowly) practice being a developer,