Regarding the project- Spatial Modelling GSOC'24

Hello everyone, I am Divya Tiwari an undergrad student at IIT (BHU) Varanasi. I am a Data Science enthusiast and have recently started learning Bayesian Statistics, and am loving it so far. I’ve previously contributed to the PyMC-docs. I am confident in my skills in Python and Stats, and plan to participate in GSOC’24.
I want to work on the project - Spatial Modeling. I would appreciate it if the mentors @bwengals @fonnesbeck could guide me about the project, its current status, and resources to gain the prerequisite knowledge for it.
Thanks and Regards

Hi Divya,

A good place to start would be taking a look at last years project by @daniel-saunders-phil, mostly here and here. This is an example of what to aim for.

The project is pretty open ended – are there any parts in particular that you’d be interested in? It’s kind of up to you! If you’d like some suggestions that’s alright too.

Hi Bill,
I looked into the PyMC support for spatial modeling, last year’s project and also took an overview of R-package for spatial modelling. I find Nearest Neighbours GP interesting and would like to work on it. What are your thoughts on it?

That’d be a great choice, we’re definitely interested in that.

I’m glad to hear that. I’ll keep you updated about my progress.

1 Like