Contributing to the GSoC, 2019 project: Bayesian Additive Regression Trees (BART) for PyMC3

Hi,
I’m Harivallabha Rangarajan, a 3rd year undergraduate student pursuing B.E. Computer Science and M.Sc. Mathematics, with a minor in Data Science, at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani, Hyderabad. I am deeply interested in contributing to the GSoC, 2019 project: Bayesian Additive Regression Trees (BART) for PyMC3.

I have a strong grasp of Data Structures and Algorithms, having implemented them in C++, for Competitive Coding. I’m interested in developing efficient and scalable computational methods for space and time optimizations in Machine Learning.

I would be extremely grateful if you could guide me towards getting started with the contributions, and continuing onward to participate in GSoC '19 with PyMC3 :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Harivallabha,

Thanks for contacting us. PyMC3 has not yet being admitted as part of the GSoC 2019. We are still in an early stage of the process. Here is the timeline for GSoC 2019. As you can see we will have news soon. Nevertheless, if you are interested into getting starting with PyMC3 please follow this recommendations.

Thank you!
Yes, I’ll do that :slight_smile: