GSOC 2023 Project

Hi mentors!

I’m Yutong, a 2nd year computer science student. I would like to contribute to PyMC in the upcoming Google Summer of Code 2023. I’m interested in the “Replace backends with McBackend” and “Better tools to interpret complex regression models” project. I’m familiar with Python and commonly used libraries including NumPy and Matplotlib. I’m eager to explore new concepts, collaborate with others, and grow as a developer through this program.

I’d appreciate any advice on how to start working on the project and available learning resources. Thank you!

1 Like

@michaelosthege @tcapretto

1 Like

Hello Yutong. If you are interested, we would be looking for a project proposal from you that describes your plan of work, and then to get registered as a contributor on the GSoC website. Feel free to get in touch with the project mentors @michaelosthege and @tcapretto if you need guidance on this!

1 Like

Hi @Yutong_Wu! Sorry for the slow response.

If you’re still interested in the Bambi related project (Better tools to interpret complex regression models) feel free to send me an e-mail and there we can discuss how to move on.

As Chris said, we would need a couple of things

• A project proposal
  • At least one PR to the Bambi repository. Have a look at the Issues, there are many flagged as good first issue

And I recommend having a look at the following GSoC resources: Frequently Asked Questions  |  Google Summer of Code  |  Google Developers and Google Summer of Code

1 Like